Sunday 11 November 2007

Tilleke Schwarz

Just thought I would leave a post about a textile artist called Tilleke Schwarz. I first read about her in Selvedge. She 'makes refined hand embroidery with contemporary themes.' This type of work is nothing like anything I have ever produced myself which is maybe why I find it so impressive. The detail of her sewing is amazing and I love her use of colour.

She claims her inspiration comes from folk art and daily life. She also works on paper (image below) but I prefer the stitched quality of her work, it seems more sophisticated.


So far I have only seen her work in a book or on the computer screen but I have tickets for the Knitting and Stitching Show 2007 where she is exhibiting. I'm really looking forward to seeing her work in real life.

0 comments: